Thursday, October 1, 2015

First Test of the Year

When I announced on the second day of school that we would be taking our first test of the year, my brand new little second graders were a little less than thrilled. 

When I passed out the test and they realized that it was a test about ME their teacher, their nerves were eased. 

I honestly don't know where I saw this idea, but it is GREAT!  The kids LOVED this and it was a fun way for them to get to know me. 

I read them all the questions and had them circle their answers.  Then we went over it.  I would have them raise their hands to show which answers they thought were right.  I had them get our a crayon and circle the right answers so they could see how many they got right.  I gave a prize to the student with the highest score. 

 
Side note:  Six weeks after this quiz, I was absent for the day and had the kids guess where I was.  One student guessed that I was at the pet store getting a cat because I had never had a cat, but I did already have a dog and a turtle and a bunny.  If you notice number five on the test that is the only time I gave them that information all year!

No comments:

Post a Comment